5.14.2012

DIY project: bed makeover!

after several years of fixing my bed in between moves and other nonsense, i decided it was time for a new one. someday down the road, i'll get my old bed fixed by some magic woodworker, but until then, i coughed up $100 at ikea and got this one. yes, only $100 for the whole thing!

of course i couldn't just leave it white, because that would be too easy. so i went to lowes, picked out my favorite valspar spary paint color and bought 2 cans along with some primer & a clear coat finish. i thought this would be plenty. WRONG.

after using both cans on 1 side of 1 of the 3 pieces, i needed more paint. easier said than done. by the end of it all, my family & i went to a total of 5 different lowes around charlotte to get all 8 cans in this particular color. this was the first thing mom & i moved into my new house last week & i am obsessed with my new blue bed!







{finished product}


{excuse the mess}


update: my bed in my new room after another move. paint has held up great! photo tour of my new room: http://redhead-rants.blogspot.com/2013/03/photo-tour-my-new-room.html









5 comments:

  1. How is the paint holding up on the bed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. it did! i have even moved since i painted it and it's as good as new. the only tricky part was the feet of the bed, but it hasn't chipped at all. good luck!

      Delete
  3. Is this bed frame sturdy? I'm looking at buying one, but I don't want one that will creak and get wobbly every time I um......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What primer did you use for the paint to stick so well?

    ReplyDelete